FAQs and what you need to know
A. Yes, it can. The Skylark comes with a battery backup system, which in the event of power outage allows the stairs to work as normal. When the power outage is over the battery recharges automatically ready for the next time it is needed. The Skylark can be operated 15 to 20 times on battery only.
A. Skylark Electric Attic Stairs is powered by Linak, which are one of the most renowned manufacturers of motors and electric equipment in the world. Because of Linaks incredible record, we have teamed up with them to produce a system for our product. The ladder is made from Beech hardwood, which is one of the finest timbers in the world and gives the Skylark a very solid feel when climbing. All our steel and timber parts are made in our factory to insure the highest quality. It is for all the above reasons that the Skylark now comes with a 10 year parts warranty.
A. The Skylark ladder is made from Beech which is a hard wood; most if not all loft ladders are made from much softer woods. The steel used on the Skylark is also up to 2 mm thicker than on most other loft ladders. As a result the Skylark gives you a very solid feel when being used, and can be used every day.
A. Because of the Skylarks unique design which allows it to fold in three sections, the overall size of the unit is very similar to most manual loft ladder dimensions, so there is a very good chance that the Skylark will fit into the same space as your current manual loft ladder.
A. Yes. The Skylark comes with a plug appropriate to your country, so it needs a power point in the loft before fitting.
A. This is really where the Skylark is most impressive and comes into a class of its own. Manual loft ladders are not suitable for high ceilings; it is much too hard to unfold the ladder down and even harder to put back up into place. All manual ladders require regardless of the ceiling height a person to have good mobility and strength, but with the Skylark you just need to push the button on your remote control and let the Skylark do all the heavy lifting for you. The Skylark stairs operates up to 3.2 M high ceilings as standard and higher by request.
A. The Skylark Attic Ladder is worked by remote control, so it is possible to close it from above, however one must never do this as it will restrict your ability to escape in the event of an emergency.
A. The Skylark comes with 100 mm deep treads, with plenty of toe room behind each step, which are made from Beech hard wood. Each step is just 230 mm apart from each other and the ladder also comes with two handrails as standard for safe climbing.
A. The Skylark is automatically locked when closed and cannot be opened without the remote control.
You need to know the following before buying a loft ladder
- Over 90,000 people on average get injured each year while using a manual loft ladder
- Are you sick and tired waiting for someone to go up into the attic for you because your manual loft ladder is too difficult to use or maybe you don’t have a loft ladder and have to use a step ladder or even a chair.
- If you are thinking about getting a manual loft ladder (attic stairs), ask yourself if you have the necessary strength and mobility to operate it, without becoming one of the 90,000 people who have an accident each year while using manual loft ladders.
- Nearly all manual loft ladders have a locking or latch device on the door, which needs to be turned to keep them closed and to open the trap door, you have to use a pole to do this and it is quite difficult for a lot of people young and old.
- Most loft ladders also have a steep climbing angle of 70 degrees plus. Skylarks are just 64 degrees and have deep steps and two handrails as standard.
- The Skylark electric Attic stairs is the first of its kind, foldaway loft ladder, which is operated by remote control. You do not have to do anything to open or close it, apart from pushing a button. This makes it by far the safest way for you to access your loft and not have to worry about whether you have the strength or mobility to operate it.